SBI & IBPS syllabus are almost same but difference in questions of difficulties level. SBI PO demands deep knowledge. You have to take enough time for preparing for these exams. Prepare a study plan and adhere to the timing and topics
If you want to crack the exams then ensure that you will not take gap in preparation and have to be consistent. You have to sacrifice your social media other deviating activities and maintain a discipline schedule until you write the exam.
Tips and suggestions are given at the end, now let’s talk regarding preparation of different topics let’s deal one by one:
Bank Prelims exam demands SPEED & ACCURACY
- To start with, firstly one should master topics like simplification, approximation, quadratic , missing number series, wrong number series. These topics can not be ignored as they cover around 15–20 marks. To master these topics you need to practice them every single day. Because irregularity in these topics will decrease your speed and will also impact other topics in calculations.
- Data interpretation : Data Interpretation and Analysis is the most challenging part of Quantitative Aptitude. This section cannot be ignored as there is no SBI or IBPS exam without this topic. A set of DI Question easily earn you 5 marks. You have to learn types of data interpretation and practice questions on daily basis at least 5 DI. In pre exam you expect one question minimum and two sets in mains exam from DI section .
- Other Arithmetic Topics :Firstly, learn all chapters with basic to advanced. Topics like Averages, LCM & HCF, Ratios, and Percentages are the basics for all the topics in aptitude. So, mastering these topics is essential as, in pre exam you can expect 10 questions and in mains 80% section form this. You can easily solve Data Interpretation section if you have good command of these topics. If you complete one chapter then revise it after 3–4 days. If you do not follow revision cycle then your hard work in this section may go waste. So keep it in mind that, Revision is very important for arithmetic.
- Profit and loss, simple and compound interest: The problem with going for questions of the chapter like Profit loss, Compound Interest / Simple Interest is that they require a lot of time to prepare. Basics and Concepts must be clear to master these topics and you cannot expect to complete these chapters in few days. Try solving and understanding the questions and clues given and analyse the best method to solve, question may be lengthy but it can be solved easily in one or two steps. This only comes with lot of practice. So, never get panic if you find a big question most of them are easy to solve. Once you are clear on this topic you can easily solve the question not taking more than a minute..
- Time and Distance/ Time and Work: All the suggestions mention above are applicable for this topic. Both the percentages and time related topics require clearing your basics and concepts. You can find some tricky and confusing questions in time and works questions. It is important to note that, If you can analyse what exactly the examiner is asking then the question can be easily done or else, they may waste our time. Check out our blog for time and distance as well as time and work tricks.
- Permutations and Combinations & Probability: Questions from this topic are often asked in Bank exams you need to practice extensively. Both Permutations and Combinations & Probability have their own strategies for solving. While preparing, you must first focus on Permutations and then Combinations.
Probability question can be of any kind and are often get confusing. You should practice previous years’ question papers and attempt mock tests to expertise this area.
- Mock exams: You are done with practice and revision. Now the next step is to write online mock exams. All your efforts in practice sessions can be monitored and improved only when you write mock exams. Many sites provide mock exams for free or at a very reasonable price. Do not miss to write topic wise mocks to check your accuracy and speed. So follow the simple steps, Practice – Prepare – Revise – Exams.
Important tips for IBPS / SBI Exams:
1. For any competitive exam it is very import to revise previous years question papers. It we help you analyse the changing trends as well a check you preparation levels.