• Divita Rai (23) from Karnataka has won the prestigious title of Miss Diva Universe 2022 and was crowned by Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu.
• Pragnya Ayyagari from Telangana has been crowned LIVA Miss Diva Supranational 2022.
• Ojasvi Sharma was adjudged the LIVA Miss Popular Choice 2022.
• Sandhu was also awarded the Pride of India trophy by the Times of India Group ownership for her remarkable achievement of making India proud globally.
Foot Notes: About Karnataka: Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot Capital: Bengaluru (Executive Branch) Chief Minister: Basavaraj Bommai
• President of India, Droupadi Murmu has met with the Queen Máxima of the Netherlands at Rashtrapati Bhavan to discuss the various aspects to strengthen the bilateral relation between India and the Netherlands.
• Queen Máxima of Netherland is on a three day visit to India (29-31 August 2022).
• During their discussion, both leaders discussed the universal financial inclusion initiatives.
Foot Notes: About Netherlands: Capital: Amsterdam Currency: Euro
• According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Chairman of Adani Group, Gautam Adani has now become the world’s third-richest person with a total net worth of USD 137.4 billion.
• He has overtaken Louis Vuitton chairman, Bernard Arnault (France).
• Reliance chief, Mukesh Ambani is now at 11 with a total USD 91.9 billion worth.
• This is the first time, an Asian person has been listed in the top three of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
• Top 2: (1) Elon Musk (2) Jeff Bezos
• IIT Madras researchers have joined hands with Inspire Institute of Sports, Karnataka to develop an advanced boxing analytics platform named Smartboxer.
• Aim: To increase India’s boxing medal tally at the 2024 Olympics.
• This multi version software is being developed by the Center of Excellence for Sports Science and Analytics at IIT Madras.
• Feature: Provide feedback and performance assessments using Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled wearable sensors and video cameras.
• Reliance Industries (RIL) chairman, Mukesh Ambani has announced to invest a whopping ₹2 lakh crore to build its Pan-India true 5G network.
• The Reliance Jio Infocomm has prepared an ambitious and fastest ever 5G rollout plan for the country.
• Jio plans to roll out Jio 5G by this Diwali 2022 in metropolises of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
• He also announced that Reliance will launch the Nita Mukesh Ambani Junior School.
Foot Notes: About Jio Chairman: Akash Ambani MD: Sandip Das
• Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Manoj Sinha has inaugurated the 8th India International MSME Start-up Expo & Summit at New Delhi.
• This Expo provides a platform to SMEs, startups, trade, industry, service providers to explore new opportunities for buyers and sellers, and exchange information about federal, state, and local programmes.
• J&K has one of the fastest growing horticulture markets in the country.
• MSME Minister: Narayan Rane
• IRDAI Chairman, Debasish Panda has announced that IRDAI has been eased the registration process of new companies by reducing the time taken to process new applications from 8 to 2 months.
• The regulator has created a facilitation cell consisting of two officers for handholding the applicants so that the entity gets its approval to start its operations.
• According to Irdai data, the insurance penetration in the country is at 4.2% as of 2021, which is higher than China.
Foot Notes: About IRDAI: Headquarters: Hyderabad Founded: 1999 Chairperson: Debasish Panda
• ICICI Bank has announced its partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch a range of credit cards on payments network RuPay.
• The ICICI Bank RuPay Credit Card is presently available in the Coral variant of the Bank’s Gemstone series.
• This will be soon followed by Rubyx and Sapphiro variants.
• It is a contactless card that comes with a slew of perks and benefits.
• NPCI was established in 2008 for operating retail payments and settlement systems.
Foot Notes: About ICICI Bank: CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi Headquarters: Vadodara Founded: 1994, Vadodara
• Tata Steel has signed an MoU with Punjab government for setting up a 0.75 MnTPA long products steel plant with a scrap-based electric arc furnace (EAF).
• This initiative will help to set up the greenfield facility at Kadiana Khurd, Hitech Valley, Ludhiana in Punjab.
• This step is aligned to the company’s goal of achieving Net Zero carbon emission by 2045.
• This steel plant would produce construction grade steel rebar under the Company’s flagship retail brand ‘Tata Tiscon’.
Foot Notes: About Tata Steel: Founded: 25 August 1907, Jamshedpur Founder: Jamsetji Tata Headquarters: Mumbai
• The 50th edition of All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 has been started at Iboyaima Shumang Leela Shanglen in Imphal, Manipur.
• The inaugural function was attended by Manipur Governor, La Ganesan and CM N. Biren Singh.
• It is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur.
• The roles of female artists are all played by male actors and male characters are played by female artists in case of female theatre groups.
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!