• Red Bull racing driver, Max Verstappen has clinched the F1 Belgian Grand Prix 2022.
• Sergio Perez (Red Bull’s driver) and Carlos Sainz (Ferrari’s driver) have finished at second and third positions respectively.
• Max Verstappen has won 9 races out of 14 races of this season.
• George Russell (Mercedes driver) has finished at fourth in the F1 Belgian Grand Prix 2022.
• Canadian GP’22; Azerbaijan GP’22; Miami GP’22: Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
• Virat Kohli has become the first Indian and the second player overall in international cricket history to have played 100 matches each in all three formats of the game.
• Kohli has now 100 T20Is to his name in addition to 102 Tests and 262 ODIs since his international debut in August 2008.
• New Zealand batter, Ross Taylor is the first player, who played 112 Tests, 236 ODIs and 102 T20Is between 2006 and 2022.
• Rohit has already played 132 matches in the shorter format.
• Viktor Axelsen from Denmark has clinched his second BWF World Championships men’s singles title after beating Kunlavut Vitidsarn from Thailand in Tokyo.
• The women’s singles title has been retained by Akane Yamaguchi from Japan.
• She has defeated China’s Olympic champion, Chen Yufei in the final.
• Men’s Double: Malaysia Aaron Chia; Malaysia Soh Wooi Yik
• Women’s Double: China Chen Qingchen; China Jia Yifan
• Mixed Double: China Zheng Siwei; China Huang Yaqiong
• The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has observed its Silver Jubilee in New Delhi on August 29.
• On the occasion, Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has also launched an Integrated Pharmaceutical Database Management System 2.0.
• It is an integrated responsive cloud-based application.
• It will provide a single window for submissions of various forms as mandated under Drug Price Control Order, 2013.
Foot Notes: About NPPA: Founded: 29 August 1997 Headquarters: New Delhi Chairperson: Shubhra Singh
• PM Modi has inaugurated the Smriti Van memorial to celebrate the courage shown by people during the devastating 2001 earthquake in the Kutch region of Gujarat (Epicentre: Bhuj).
• The grand structure is spread over 470 acres on Bhujiyo Hill near Bhuj town.
• It celebrates the strength and resistance of people of Kutch.
• It also has a state-of-the-art Smriti Van Earthquake Museum.
• He also inaugurated the 300m long ‘Atal Bridge’ for pedestrians across the Sabarmati River.
Foot Notes: About Gujarat: Capital: Gandhinagar Governor: Acharya Devvrat Chief Minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
• In India, the National Small Industry Day is celebrated on 30 August every year, to support and promote small Industries for their overall growth potential and opportunities received for their development in the year. The day recognises the contribution of small industries to the country’s growth. The day is also an opportunity for the central and state governments to encourage and support small industries. These small businesses offer employment to a large number of people in India.
• The day motivates and shapes government policies to enhance the efficiency of the small-scale sector. Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) are an integral part of the value chain and to foster the ecosystem, the government is working tirelessly.
• The day also highlights the efforts made by the centre to widen the range of these sectors into various services and commodities hovering in the economic model of a country which houses more than 6.3 crore MSMEs. The day marks the various other possibilities and opportunities that the sector creates for individuals working in the urban and rural sectors of India.
• The NITI Aayog has declared Haridwar in Uttarakhand as the best aspirational district on five parameters and has become entitled to receive additional allocation of ₹3 crore
• The Haridwar district has been allocated to union commerce and industries minister Piyush Goyal
• The allocated money will be used to improve the health sector including the hospitals in Roorkee and district hospital Haridwar.
Foot Notes: About NITI Aayog: Vice Chairperson: Suman Bery CEO: Parameswaran Iyer Chairperson: Narendra Modi
• The central government has given its nod to the UP government Family ID plan named the Parivar Kalyan Card.
• Aim: To establish a comprehensive database of the family units for its various schemes.
• It will provide a unique 12-digit ID number for each family.
• The initial collection of data for families will be conducted through ration cards.
• The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) has allowed the UP government to link Aadhaar data with the PKC.
Foot Notes: About UP: Governor: Anandiben Patel Capital: Lucknow Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
• India and Tanzania has decided to set up a task force to prepare a five- year roadmap to boost bilateral defence cooperation.
• This decision was taken during wide-ranging talks between Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh and his visiting Tanzanian counterpart, Stergomena Lawrence Tax.
• Aim: To boost the bilateral defence ties as well as military-to-military cooperation.
• Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh has also invited Tax to the India-Africa Defence Dialogue and the DefExpo.
Foot Notes: About Tanzania: Capital: Dodoma Currency: Tanzanian shilling President: Samia Suluhu Hassan
• India’s top oil refiner, Indian Oil Corp (IOC) has planned to invest more than Rs 2 lakh crore (or $25 billion) to achieve net-zero emissions from its operations by 2046.
• The target set is in line with India’s aim to reach net-zero emissions by 2070.
• IOC oil refining and petrochemicals business has a total emission of 21.5 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2)
• IOC has already prepared a road map to achieve its net zero scope 1 and 2 emissions
Foot Notes: About IOC: Chairman: S.M. Vaidya Founded: 30 June 1959 Headquarters: New Delhi
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!