• The All India Football Federation (AIFF) was suspended by the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) as a result of inappropriate external influence. AIFF’s ban was lifted by the FIFA Council Bureau on August 25 with immediate effect in order to allow India to host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022.
• FIFA declared, “On August 25, the Council’s Bureau resolved to immediately lift the All India Football Federation (AIFF)’s suspension. As a result, India can host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022, which is slated to take place from October 11–30, 2022.”
• The entire dispute was set off when Praful Patel, a former president of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), decided not to hold elections even after his term as president had ended. In the end, the Indian Supreme Court stepped in and appointed a committee to draft a new constitution.
• Sports Minister of India: Anurag Thakur
• All India Football Federation General Secretary: Sunando Dhar
Foot Notes: About FIFA: President: Gianni Infantino Founded: 21 May 1904 Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
• Justice Uday Umesh Lalit (64 years) has been sworn-in as the 49th Chief Justice of India (CJI), succeeding Justice NV Ramana
• President Draupadi Murmu administered him oath at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
• He will have a short tenure of 74 days and will hold office till Nov 8, 2022
• He was involved in some landmark judgements like that of Triple Talaq case
• Constitution grants power to the President of India to appoint CJI, in consultation with outgoing chief justice.
• Indian Grandmaster Arjun Erigaisi has defeated Spain’s David Anton Guijarro in the ninth and final round with 7.5 points and a performance rating of 2893 to win the 28th Abu Dhabi Masters chess tournament.
• He has gained 35 Elo rating points after the recently concluded Chess Olympiad in India.
• The second spot in the Abu Dhabi Masters was claimed by Uzbekistan’s Javokhir Sindarov after defeating Iran’s M Amin Tabatabaei.
• Germany has launched world’s first fleet of 14 hydrogen-powered passenger trains, replacing 15 diesel trains that previously operated on nonelectrified tracks in the state of Lower Saxony.
• These 14 trains use hydrogen fuel cells to generate electricity that powers the engines.
• They have a range of up to 1,000 kilometres (621 miles) and a maximum speed of 140 kmph (87 mph).
• It is manufactured by French company Alstom and are operated by regional rail company LNVG.
Foot Notes: About Germany: Capital: Berlin Currency: Euro President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
• Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and NITI Aayog will establish more than 500 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) in Jammu and Kashmir to nurture an innovative mind-set among high school students.
• It will encourage young minds in the field, and challenge students to become producers of products themselves instead of consumer
• AIM was launched to create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country via school, university, research, MSME, etc.
Foot Notes: About NITI Aayog: Formed: 1 January 2015 Headquarters: New Delhi Chairperson: Narendra Modi Founder: National Democratic Alliance
• Senior RJD MLA Awadh Bihari Chaudhary unanimously has been elected as the Speaker of Bihar Assembly under Nitish kumar-RJD led Mahagathbandhan.
• Election for the post of Speaker was necessitated following the resignation of Vijay Kumar Sinha from the post in the changed political scenario in Bihar.
Foot Notes: About Bihar: Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar Governor: Phagu Chauhan Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar Capital: Patna
• Three-day 8th edition of the International Film Festival of Shimla has begun at Gaiety Theater, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
• The festival will screen around 86 films and will be participated by 50 directors from India and abroad.
• There are 27 films in the international category, 34 Indian films, 4 Himachali films, and 15 National Award-winning films will be screened.
• Film exhibition organized by the National Film Archives of India, Pune will be displayed at the venue.
• Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has announced to establish and provide all possible support to the first ‘Divyang Park’ of Maharashtra in Nagpur.
• It will have different kind of facilities for Divyangjans like sensory garden, textile Pathway touch, smell garden, skill training facility, rehabilitation facility, Sports-infotainment etc
• During the occasion, ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ for distribution of aids and assistive devices to Senior citizens was also held.
Foot Notes: About Maharashtra: Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari Chief Minister: Eknath Shinde Capital: Mumbai
• Associate Professor of SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Ananth Narayan Gopalkrishnan has been appointed as the fourth whole-time member (WTM) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
• He has been appointed for an initial period of 3 years.
• Other WTMs: SK Mohanty, Ashwani Bhatia, Ananta Barua
• Prior to SP Jain, Narayan was the Regional Head of Financial Markets for ASEAN and South Asia at Standard Chartered Bank
Foot Notes: About SEBI: Chairperson: Madhabi Puri Buch Founded: 12 April 1992 Headquarters: Mumbai
• Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed MoU with LFV Air Navigation Services of Sweden at Headquarters of AAI in New Delhi
• It will bring together two air navigation service providers, India and Sweden, with demonstrated capabilities in building and operationalizing the next generation of sustainable aviation technology, to explore smart aviation solutions.
• It will pave the way for bi-lateral exchange of aviation expertise and technology between the two countries.
Foot Notes: About AAI: Headquarters: New Delhi Founded: 1 April 1995 Chairman: Sanjeev Kumar
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!