• Jammu and Kashmir has been selected to host the G-20 meetings in 2023.
• The UT government has also set up a five-member high-level committee for the coordination of G20 summit.
• Piyush Goyal (Commerce and Industry Minister) was appointed as India’s Sherpa for the G20 in September 2021.
• India will take the G-20 presidency from December 1, 2022.
• India has been represented by PM Modi since 2014 in G20 summit.
• G20, 2024: Brazil
• G20, 2025: South Africa
Foot Notes: About Jammu and Kashmir: Capital: Srinagar (May–October) Jammu (Nov-April) Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
• The Europe’s biggest start-up conference, Vivatech 2020 has recognized India as the “country of the year.”
• The country has been recognised with this honour, due to the global contribution of Indian start-ups.
• The start-up ecosystem of India is growing rapidly and has over 100 unicorns.
• India has participated in Vivatech is to showcase Indian start-ups are solving global problems and innovating for the world.
• Gujarat CM, Bhupendra Patel has launched the 17th ‘Shala Praveshotsav’.
• Aim: To increases the enrollment of students in primary schools in the state.
• This is a three-day enrollment drive, starts from Memadpur primary school in Vadgam taluka (Banaskantha district).
• This drive helps to reduce the dropout rate of students.
• The drop out rate has been reduced to 3.07% from 37.22 % in 2002.
Foot Notes: About Gujarat: Governor: Acharya Devvrat Capital: Gandhinagar Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
• Asia’s richest person, Gautam Adani and his family have pledged to donate ₹60,000 crore to a range of social causes to celebrate the 60th birthday of Gautam Adani on June 24.
• This will be administered by the Adani Foundation, it is also to mark the birth centenary year of his father Shantilal Adani.
• As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the net worth of Adani is almost $92 billion.
• The Forbes real-time billionaires has placed him at 6th rank ($95 billion).
• The former owner of I-League side Minerva Punjab FC, Ranjit Bajaj, has been appointed as the chairperson of the 12-member committee formed by the Committee of Administrators (CoA).
• The CoA took charge of the AIFF, after the Supreme Court removed the Praful Patel led office bearers for not holding elections on time.
• Aim: To look the day-to-day matters of various departments of the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
Foot Notes: About AIFF: President: Praful Patel Headquarters location: New Delhi Founded: 23 June 1937
• The India seam-bowling all rounder, Rumeli Dhar has announced her retirement from international cricket at 38.
• She has played her last international match in the tri-nation women’s T20I series between India, Australia and England at Brabourne (2018).
• She has been featured in four Tests, 78 ODIs, and 18 T20Is.
• She has scored 1328 runs and took 84 wickets across formats.
• She was also the part of the 2005 World Cup final, South Africa, India lost to Australia by 98 runs.
• Former bureaucrat, Dr D J Pandian has been appointed as the Director-General of New Development Bank (NDB), India Regional Office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
• In May 2022, the NDB had announced to set up IRO in the Gift city.
• The NDB has also approved 20 projects in India worth of USD 7.2. billion.
• The IRO will support the effective and efficient implementation of these projects and work closely with Project Implementation Agencies.
Foot Notes: About NDB: Headquarters location: Shanghai, China President: Marcos Prado Troyjo Founder: BRICS Founded: 15 July 2014
• Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has unveiled a stationary, rechargeable cooking stove named Surya Nutan.
• It is a kitchen-connected cooking stove that uses the sun’s energy to cook food.
• This was developed by IOC’s research and development division at Faridabad.
• It captures solar energy through a PV panel that placed outdoor or on the roof.
• The cost of base model is ₹12,000, while the top model will cost ₹23,000.
Foot Notes: About Indian Oil Corporation: Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya Headquarters: New Delhi Founded: 30 June 1959
• AU Small Finance Bank has launched customised Credit Card product named AU Bank LIT (Live-It-Today).
• This credit card offers a unique value proposition to cardholders.
• Cardholders can choose the features and time period according to their wish.
• Through the AU0101 app, cardholders can track their saving/earnings daily to maximize their benefits.
• Cardholders can get the best of both Cashbacks and Reward Points by using the features.
Foot Notes: About AU Small Finance Bank: Headquarters: Jaipur Founder: Sanjay Agarwal Founded: 1996
• Karnataka Bank has launched ‘Video-based Customer Identification Process (V-CIP)’.
• It is an online savings bank (SB) account opening facility.
• This facility will enable in the corporate website of the bank, strengthen the prospective customers to open an SB account through online process and complete KYC verification through a video call.
• This is a end-to-end paperless digital process.
• It also reduces the turnaround time of account opening.
Foot Notes: About Karnataka Bank: Headquarters: Mangaluru CEO: Mahabaleshwara M. S Founded: 18 February 1924
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!