• Indian ambassador to Bhutan, Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the Permanent Representative of India to UN.
• She will replace T S Tirumurti.
• She has joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) in 1987, was the All India women’s topper of the 1987 Civil Services batch and the topper of the 1987 Foreign Service batch.
• She worked in Paris (France) as the third Secretary in the Indian Embassy to France from 1989-91.
• She was also posted as ambassador to UNESCO Paris in 2014.
Foot Notes: About UN: Secretary general: António Guterres Headquarters: New York, New York, United States Founded: 24 October 1945
• According to a World Gold Council (WGC) report, India has emerged as the fourth largest recycler in the world and the country has recycled 75 tonnes in 2021.
• WGC report titled: Gold refining and recycling.
• Top three: China (recycled 168 tonnes), followed by Italy (80 tonnes) and the US (78 tonnes in 2021).
• The gold refining capacity of India has been increased by 1,500 tonnes (500%) in 2021.
• World Gold Council Headquarters: London, UK; Founded: 1987; CEO: David Tait
• The Reserve Bank of India has notified that it has extended the timeline for implementation of a few provisions under its master directions on credit card and debit card issuance.
• The timeline has been extended by three months from July 1, 2022, to October 1, 2022.
• Provisions: Card-issuers shall seek OTP based consent from the cardholder for activating a credit card, if consent is not received then card issuers shall close the credit card account without any cost.
Foot Notes: About RBI: Headquarters: Mumbai Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata Governor: Shaktikanta Das
• Government’s Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) will collaborate with the State Bank of India (SBI).
• Aim: to create an integrated pension portal, which helps to enhance ease of living of pensioners.
• It was decided during the special session, that immediate efforts are needed for the creation of pension portal by linking the existing portals of the DoPPW and the SBI.
Foot Notes: About SBI Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara Headquarters: Mumbai Founded: 1 July 1955
• Red Bull’s driver, World champion Max Verstappen has clinched the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix title.
• Ferrari driver, Carlos Sainz and Seven-time world champion, Lewis Hamilton ( Mercedes) have finished at second and third respectively.
• Azerbaijan GP: Max Verstappen
• Monaco GP: Sergio Pérez
• Sapinsh GP: Max Verstappen
• Miami GP: Max Verstappen
• Emilia Romagna GP: Max Verstappen
• Australian GP: Charles Leclerc
• Saudi Arabian GP: Max Verstappen
• Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up 20-member advisory committee under the chairmanship of K V Kamath.
• Aim: recommends for giving a fillip to the growth of such instruments, including measures focusing on ease of issuance and attracting domestic and global capital.
• Sebi has reconstituted its research advisory committee of 16 members, chaired by V Ravi Anshuman.
• Aim: promotion, development, maintenance of databases relevant for regulation research.
Foot Notes: About SEBI: Founded: 12 April 1992 Headquarters: Mumbai Chairman: Madhabi Puri Buch
• PVR and INOX Leisure have received clearances for their merger from bourses NSE and BSE.
• In March 2022, both multiplex operators have announced a merger to create the largest multiplex chain in the country.
• The company has received observation letter with ‘no adverse observations’ from BSE Ltd on June 20, 2022, and observation letter with ‘no objection’ from NSE on June 21, 2022 .
• Swap ratio: 3:10 i.e., 3 shares of PVR for 10 shares of Inox.
Foot Notes: About PVR Cinema: CEO: Ajay Bijli Founded: June 1997 Headquarters: Gurugram
About INOX: CEO: Alok Tandon Headquarters: Mumbai Founded: 1999
• Indian women’s Wrestling team has clinched five medals to claim the Under-17 Asian Championship, held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
• India has lifted the title with a total of 235 points (eight golds, one silver and one bronze).
• With 143 points, Japan finished at second and Mongolia at third with 138 points.
• Indian women including: Ritika( gold in 43 kg), Ahilaya Shinde (gold in 49 kg), Siksha (gold in 57 kg), Priya (gold in 73 kg), Pulkit (Silver medal in 65 kg).
Foot Notes: About Kyrgyzstan: Capital: Bishkek Currency: Kyrgyzstani som President: Sadyr Japarov
• American Canadian writer, Ruth Ozeki has won the 2022 Women’s Prize for Fiction for her novel ‘The Book of Form and Emptiness”.
• This is her fourth novel, which depicts the story of a thirteen-year-old boy who, starts to hear the voices of objects to talk to his father, after the tragic death of his father.
• She was received £30,000 prize at a ceremony in London.
• Other books: A Tale for the Time Being, plus the novels My Year of Meats and All Over Creation
Foot Notes: About America: Attorney general: Merrick Garland Capital: Washington, D.C. President: Joe Biden Currency: United States Dollar
• Well-known photojournalist, R. Raveendran has been passed away at the age of 69.
• He was known for his iconic photo of Rajiv Goswami setting himself on fire during the Mandal agitation in the Capital.
• He has been awarded various photography awards.
• He has worked in AFP and ANI.
• Initially, he worked as a teleprinter operator in AFP 1973 and then became a photographer. He was presently working with ANI as Photo Editor.
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!