• Para-powerlifter, Sudhir has clinched the gold medal in the Men’s Heavyweight, after defeating Ikechukwu Obichukwu (Nigeria), in the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, with the lift of 212kg.
• He won India’s first gold in Para-Powerlifting at Commonwealth Games.
• India’s M. Sreeshankar has clinched silver in Men’s long jump.
• India’s Saurav Ghosal has bagged the bronze medal in squash men’s singles.
• Till now, India has won 20 medals (6(G) 7(S); 7(B)).
• Five women officers of the INAS 314 have created history by completing the first all-women independent maritime reconnaissance and surveillance mission over the north Arabian Sea onboard a Dornier 228 aircraft.
• The INAS 314 is a frontline Naval Air Squadron based at Porbandar, Gujarat.
• Five women: Lt Commander Aanchal Sharma (Mission Commander); Lt Shivangi; Lt Apurva Gite; Lt Pooja Panda; Sub Lt Pooja Shekhawat
• Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral, Hari Kumar
Foot Notes: About Indian Navy: Founded: 26 January 1950 Headquarters: Integrated Defence Headquarters, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi Motto(s): शं नो वरुण Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral R. Hari Kumar
• South Korea has successfully launched its first lunar mission, Korea Pathfinder Lunar Orbiter, also known as Danuri, from Cape Canaveral in Florida.
• This mission is jointly developed by Nasa and the Korea Aerospace Research Institute.
• The satellite launched by SpaceX, will arrive in December 2022.
• The Scientists are expecting to collect geologic and other data from this low polar orbit.
• South Korea has also planned to land its own spacecraft on the moon by 2030.
Foot Notes: About South Korea: President: Yoon Suk-yeol Capital: Seoul Currency: South Korean won Prime Minister: Han Duck-soo
• According to the data published by the Indian consultancy Coalmint, Russia has become the third-largest coal supplier of India in July 2022.
• Russia has historically been the sixth-largest supplier of coal to India, after Indonesia, South Africa, Australia, and the United States, with Mozambique and Colombia alternatingly featuring in the top five.
• Imports of India from Russia have increased nearly five times to over $15 billion ever since Russia-Ukraine war.
Foot Notes: About Russia: President: Vladimir Putin Capital: Moscow Currency: Russian ruble Prime Minister: Mikhail Mishustin
• India has added 10 more sites to Ramsar list, taking the total number of such sites in the country to 64.
• 10 new wetland sites are from TN, Goa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
• TN: Koonthankulam Bird Sanctuary, Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve; Vembannur Wetland Complex; Vellode Bird Sanctuary; Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary; Udhayamarthandapuram Bird Sanctuary
• Odisha: Satkosia Gorge
• Goa: Nanda Lake
• Karnataka: Ranganathituu BS
• Madhya Pradesh: Sirpur wetland
• Sebi has restructured advisory committee on market data, that recommends policy measures pertaining to securities market data access and privacy.
• The market data advisory committee will now have 20 members (earlier 21 members).
• Sebi has replaced former MD and CEO of NSE, Vikram Limaye by NSE current chief, Ashishkumar Chauhan.
• The committee is chaired by S Sahoo Professor at National Law University.
Foot Notes: About SEBI: Chairperson: Madhabi Puri Buch Founded: 12 April 1992 Headquarters: Mumbai
• Narendra Singh Tomar (Minister for Agriculture) has presented Agri Infra Fund awards under various categories to honour Banks and State Governments.
• Best Performing Banks: SBI, PNB and Bank of India
• Banks valuable contribution category: Bank of Baroda, Central Bank of India, Canara Bank and Kotak Mahindra
• Best performing State: Madhya Pradesh
• Best performer in sanction : Andhra Pradesh
• Best performer in faster disposal: Karnataka
• CJI, NV Ramana has recommended the name of the senior-most SC judge, Justice Uday Umesh Lalit as the new CJI of India.
• CJI Ramana is retiring on August 26, 2022, who had become the 48th CJI of the country on April 24, 2021.
• Justice UU Lalit hails from Maharashtra, was a senior advocate in the Supreme Court before he was promoted as judge.
• If the Centre accepts recommendation of CJI Ramana then Justice Lalit will become the CJI for a period of three months.
• Amazon India has come into a partnership with Indian Railways to boost its delivery services in the country.
• This partnership helps e-commerce firm to transport packages on more than 110 inter-city routes, ensuring one to two-day delivery for its customer.
• Amazon India now ferries customer packages with the Indian Railways to cities and towns such as Jharsuguda, Ratnagiri, Kurnool, Nanded, Bareilly, Bokaro and Rudrapur among others
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!