• The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the winners of the 17th edition of ICC Awards for the year 2021 to recognise and honour the best international cricket players of the previous 12 months, between January 01, 2021, and December 31, 2021. Nota- bly, these awards honour players for their performances for their re- spective national side in a year. The apex international cricket go- verning body has named the winners in the different categories such as: Emerging Cricketer of the Year, T20I Cricketer of the Year and Associate Cricketer of the Year for both men’s and women’s cricket.
• Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year: Smriti Mandhana (India)
• Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year: Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan)
• ICC Umpire of the Year: Marais Erasmus
• ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer: Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)
• ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer: Tammy Beaumont (England)
Foot Notes: About ICC:
Chairman: Greg Barclay CEO: Geoff Allardice Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates Founded: 15 June 1909
• National Tourism Day is observed in India every year on 25th January to promote tourism and raise awareness about the importance of tourism for the country’s economy.
• Theme: ‘Rural and Community Centric Tourism’.
• Indian government established National Tourism Day to cultivate aware- ness among the global community on the importance of tourism
• The day demonstrate tourism affects on social, political, financial, cultur- al worth and economic values worldwide.
• Union Health Minister, Mansukh Mandaviya has digitally launched re- vamped CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme) website (www.cghs.gov.in) and mobile app, ‘MyCGHS’.
• Revamped CGHS website linked with mobile app is an important and timely step towards catering to India’s increasing digital penetration.
• It has several updated features which shall hugely benefit more than 40 lakhs beneficiaries (both in-service and retired personnel) with real-time information
• Delhi police has unearthed a cyber fraud module sending crypto funds in- to wallets of Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed branch of the banned terror- ist organization Hamas.
• The information came when complainant had reported that some un- known persons had fraudulently transferred their Bitcoins, Etherum, and Bitcoin cash from their cryptocurrency wallet.
• Transferred cryptocurrency was touted to be worth Rs 30 lakhs.
• Ministry of Culture has organized ‘Umang Rangoli Utsav’ on the occa- sion of National Girl Child Day (24th January 2022).
• Participants drew rangoli on the roads and squares named after female freedom fighters or the female role models of the country at more than 70 locations in 19 states.
• The event also celebrated ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to appreciate the contributions of women to the journey of a progressive [email protected]
Foot Notes: About Minister of Culture: G. Kishan Reddy
• Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, in association with ICEA has released 5-year roadmap and Vision Document for the elec- tronics sector titled ‘$300 bn Sustainable Electronics Manufacturing & Exports by 2026′.
• It is the second volume of two-part Vision Document, which was re- leased in November 2021.
• It provides year-wise break-up and production projections for the various products that will lead India’s transformation.
• Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has emerged as the first Indian PSU to win Global Healthy Workplace Award 2021 in ‘Large Scale In- dustry’ category
• Award has been conferred on IOCL due to upholding best healthy prac- tices at the workplace
• The award also honours company’s extensive endeavours to support its employees mental and physical wellbeing to nurture a happy, positive and productive workplace.
Foot Notes: About IOCL: Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya Headquarters: New Delhi
• PM Modi has conferred 29 Children with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022, from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements
• Award is presented in Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Scholastic (1), Sports (8), Art & Culture (6) and Bravery (3) categories.
• Digital certificates was given to winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 using Block Chain-driven technology developed by IIT Kanpur under National Blockchain Project
• Cash prize: Rs.1,00,000
• Suriya’s hard-hitting Tamil socio-drama ‘Jai Bhim’ has been nominated for best feature film in Oscar 2022.
• It is in competition with other acclaimed flicks like ‘Jockey,’ ‘Cruella,’ ‘Dune, ‘Eternals,’ ‘Godzilla VS Kong,’ ‘King Richard,’ among other mov- ies.
• It is inspired by a real-life incident from the 1990s in Tamil Nadu.
• Jai Bhim is the fourth Indian film to get nominated for Oscars after Mother India, Salaam Bombay, and Lagaan.
Foot Notes: About 94th Academy Awards:
The 94th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will honor the best films released between March 1 and December 31, 2021, and is scheduled to take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California on March 27, 2022.
• Noted Indian historian, archaeologist and epigraphist from Tamil Nadu, Ramachandran Nagaswamy (91 years) passed away.
• He was the first director of Tamil Nadu government’s Department of Archaeology.
• He was known for his work on temple inscriptions and art history of Tamil Nadu.
• Awards: Padma Bhushan in 2018.
• He has authored more than 100 books and his latest book was ‘Senthamizh Naadum Pandbum’, published in January 2022.
Working to bring significant changes in online-based learning by doing extensive research for course curriculum preparation, student engagements, and looking forward to the flexible education!